About Me

My Photo
Erik's wife, Melody, Priscilla, & Serenity's mom. I love to read, play games, be crafty and reality TV is my guilty pleasure! It is a train wreck I tell ya!! I love the smell of Vicks Vapor Rub and Playdough, when the container is opened for the first time. I probably use more exclamation points than I should!! See! I love to laugh and think the world needs to laugh more, not just a little haha but a good deep belly laugh!!

Saturday, February 7, 2015

First Week


The first week of my new and improved lifestyle made me feel like I had been in a shipwreck!! I have planned dinner menus for my family, for years, because it simply makes my days run smoother, my hubby and girls like knowing what is for dinner too, but I have never planned out breakfast, lunch and snacks. It is recommended that when you are on a weight loss journey of any kind that you plan every meal. As I scoured the internet looking for recipes and ideas is where I felt the some of the chaos come into play.  I came across PLENTY, which is helpful, but honestly sometimes overload, I even found a few sites that had menus already planned for you to use. I soon discovered that I had a screen full of tabs open and had no idea when I would have the time to even look at them! It was time to take a deep breath and realize I am not a complete idiot, I have been given wonderful tools to use from Weight Watchers and that this was my first week and it would all work itself out.

I made a rough menu, filled a plastic bin in the fridge and cupboard with my snacks, all neatly pre-made for easy grab and go.  I found it easier to open the big packages and prepare one serving with the points written on the baggie.  For lunches I used the frozen Smart Ones and a salad, this made things a little easier and I didn't feel so overwhelmed.  I will get this and figured out and find what works best for us. I just feel the more complicated things are the less likely I am to succeed and I am done not succeeding!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment