About Me

My Photo
Erik's wife, Melody, Priscilla, & Serenity's mom. I love to read, play games, be crafty and reality TV is my guilty pleasure! It is a train wreck I tell ya!! I love the smell of Vicks Vapor Rub and Playdough, when the container is opened for the first time. I probably use more exclamation points than I should!! See! I love to laugh and think the world needs to laugh more, not just a little haha but a good deep belly laugh!!

Friday, February 6, 2015

Why The Shrinking Tata


I have battled with my pretty much my entire life.  I was always the big girl in my group of friends, they never made me feel that way, but there were many in school who did.  I can remember trying to diet many times in high school and even more than that since.  I would lose and gain it back, lose again, gain it back again and of course each time gain a little more,  I met and married may husband, Erik, and gained some more weight.  My husband and I adopted 3 girls and since then I have gained even more.  I have finally had enough.  I need to be healthy for me, my husband and my girls!

In early November I had a serious talk with Erik, it was time for me to get this weight off and I needed his help.  He expressed his concern about the approaching holidays so we both agreed to take a slow approach until January and then it would be on!  January came and even though I had been careful the last two months I felt I needed something more.  I was talking to my sister and she said you need to join Weight Watchers.  At first it seemed to hard to follow but after doing some research it seemed pretty easy and I could fix healthy meals for my entire family.

January 19, 2015 I joined Weight Watchers and this is my journey!

Oh, and about the Tata part...Our family is of German descent and Tante is Aunt in German.  When my first niece was born she called me Tata instead of Tante and it stuck!

No comments :

Post a Comment